Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Oceans of me

My mind is like an ocean, waves crash along the shore.
The tides never become still, they continue to rip the sands of
my conscious.
Sticky seaweed covers the rocks, my thoughts that stand in the way
of the waves that want to flow; be absorbed by the sand; a sponge that
hold the saltiness in, until it finally burst.

My feelings are lost beneath the rough currents of my mind.
I want to break free, to swim
down
past the school of fish, nipping at my toes, the sharks silver skin
that brushes against the pit of my stomach.
I wonder through the forest of pink twisted coral reefs.
Searching, forever searching for a hidden abyss


Only there I can find peace, stillness



No longer latching onto "What ifs and Could haves."
Just allowing my mind's salt to sooth my worries instead of



drying me out.



2 comments:

  1. Glad that you feel empowered to post a poem. I assume it is yours, but I can't really tell. Also, don't lose the opportunity to comment about your own work--if it is your work. This is, after all, a blog about language. BTW: great image!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. It it my poem. I should make a point in saying that for other poems of mine I post.I guess a comment about my poem would be why I used an ocean to describe my mine. Well as a writer I believe I have ideas, thoughts, fears, swimming inside my mind. Its hard to find bait to catch them all.

    ReplyDelete