Monday, September 21, 2009

Road Warriors



I decide to share a poem that I created by cutting words out of old magazines. Whenever I have writers block, and I'm about to scream, I challenge myself by trying to see how many poems I can write by using these cutout words. I hope you like this one:

"Road Warriors"

I was
and when I got something
fell
my whole world split
never to be glued back together
Everywhere things shattered all around me
I was born, just waiting to go somewhere
I have wings that don't weigh me down
Road Warriors scope out: streets
puzzles
riddles never solved
Following tracks left behind by from
who knows what will happen when myself leaves

And I arrive at the mystery of me.


The reason I wanted to share my poem is because one day I will hopefully have my own online magazine. Everyone will be able to have their work surrounded by images from artists who want to express their drawings to the public to get discovered. It seems like when you publish or post writing online the text cannot appear on by itself. Its seems like the page is missing something. Visuals are like a Chicago Style Hot dog, you might think that will the mustard, ketchup, grease, relish(metaphors,similes,vivid descriptions) are enough for toppings, but the cheese gives it an extra kick. In our fast pace world where no one has time to use their imagination to "see" and analyze the imagery in the writing piece. A vivid picture can emphasis the message in the work.
Even though I think its awesome to have writing and art side blend together. I still believe that people should be able to have the attention span to see the works standing on their own two feet.








(First Image "Crow Nest," from www.tnundup.com Torso Clothing, and
route 66 map www.bertaut.com.)































2 comments:

  1. Interesting. Cut up technique (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cut-up_technique) goes back a way in poetry. Interesting stuff there.

    BTW: why'd you decide to offer "citations" for the pics you used?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought we to cite even images, so we wouldn't be sued.

    ReplyDelete