Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Where the Buffaloes Roamed




Here's another poem of mine I will like to share with all of you. I wrote it when I felt angry with the world, especially mankind, who seems to only want to hurt one another. So here is my poem:



I walked where the buffaloes roamed, seeing white bones
laying in the yellow dust.

How can a small silver bullet cause an end of a race,
a species?

Before humans wore false faces, they had wings. We
were noble predators, swooping down on prey, to end
our hunger, let out a harsh cry and fly away.

Like the buffalo, we disappeared, turning into bones
and dust.

We traded our wings for total dominance of other
creatures.

Now we are the prey, being hunted by ourselves.





>

2 comments:

  1. As interesting as the poem is, it's not enough to just post it--even with the small introduction you offer. Perhaps you can link it to other poems of the sort, discuss the nature poetry world, offer other tie-ins or tie-outs. Expanding your world will make your posts more interesting to more readers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its a great poem. I constantly examine the state of our country and often wonder what it all boils down to. I would like to know if there are other authors out there who share similar views. Maybe someone sees the same subject matter in a different light. Either way, I think if you put the poem into context (even with examples of news, or modern media) it would only make your individual statement that much more clear.

    ReplyDelete