Monday, December 14, 2009

Unwritten

The song "Unwritten" sung by Natasha Bedingfield, is so inspirational, and gets to be emotionally. I have dreams of becoming a published author, and right now I'm trying to finish a novel I've been writing. Sometimes I feel scared, unsure of myself and the future; but this song gives me hope.





I loved the concept of people from different backgrounds and cultures shown on an elevator in the video. The elevator is like a gathering place, where individuals have no choice but to be squished together for about 15 seconds. But in those seconds there is a connection, we are all going on our own journeys of self discovery, each floor represents new paths of possibilities.

The part of the song that stands out to me is:

Feel the rain on your skin
No one else can feel it for you
Only you can let it in
No one else, no one else
Can speak the words on your lips
Drench yourself in words unspoken
Live your life with arms wide open
Today is where your book begins
The rest is still unwritten



For me Natasha is giving the message to her listeners that its never to late to live your dreams or do something that gives you meaning in life. By only focusing on Today, experiencing everything to the fullest in these 24 hours, can give us inner peace. Only we can write our own destinies.

No comments:

Post a Comment